Gator Trax is offers the same tried and true design that duck hunters have been “abusing” for years to law enforcement agencies everywhere. Now, they too can access the remote areas where conventional hulls and outboards have failed them.
If you are familiar with our hulls you already know they are designed specifically to perform and last in shallow water conditions. If you are not familiar, please visit our Information page and see why our boats are superior to the traditional flat or Jon boat.
With the tragic arrival of hurricane Katrina, many law enforcement agencies in our state have been awarded federal grants so that they are never again caught without the proper equipment to handle rescue efforts of this scale again. Our hulls provide these teams the means to get into shallow water that, in the past, was totally unreachable by conventional methods.
Our hulls can be custom built to suit your department’s needs!
No one particular layout or design will work optimally for all departments. We recognize that fact and, as always, are willing to custom build your hull with whatever interior design you want. Light bars, racks, electronics, or anything else you feel is necessary to get the job done safely and effectively can be installed on your Gator Trax Rescue Boat.
Our hulls can be powered by a traditional outboard with no problem at all. However, for maximum performance in shallow water, we use the Mud Buddy Hyper-Sport motors. They are the catalyst to this hull that allow it to perform in conditions that an outboard would never survive. The above huntdeck will allow for easy entry into the boat for swimmers, as well as move the motor back 20″ further to create more room in the boat.
- All of our rescue boats, no matter the design, will have the same features as our tried and proven hunting boats.
- .125 5086 Marine Grade Aluminum
- Rounded Chines
- Longitudinal Dent Prevention Bracing System
- Smooth, Slick, No-Crimp Bottom
- Airboat Style Rake For Carrying Loads
- Ability To Fully Customize Your Hull
Gator Trax Big Water Rescue
We also offer heavy duty lifetime lasting boats for big water rescue. These hulls are made of .187 aluminum (3/16)!! They are also built with an unmatched big water bracing system that will take the roughest of seas. See more of these type of hulls under our Bay Boats page. All welded marine grade aluminum is lighter and MUCH stronger than glass boats. Buy it to last, buy it to perform!
Important Facts For Department Heads
- Our hulls are made to last, even under heavy use. With a large department trying to act under the pressure of a large rescue effort, it may not be the same person using the boat every time. From time to time, the boat may be….let’s say, not “properly steered or operated”. Rest assured that our hull can take a beating. They are designed for duck hunters that routinely run them through stumps, logs, rocks, mud flats, sand bars, and more. They can take it!
- The fact that you may have multiple drivers can present a major problem if your department is thinking of using airboats. Airboats are not only 3 times more expensive, but they require extensive training to operate, especially with multiple passengers under a stressful rescue. Our boats and motors are easy to drive. Anyone that has driven a simple tiller hand outboard can operate a Mud Buddy Hyper-Sport motor.
- Our hulls are also cost effective. Departments with jurisdictions that are subject to flooding or that have rural areas where you have hunters or fishermen that could need help, almost can’t afford NOT to have a means to render that help.
- Most departments will qualify for federal grants under homeland security in the protection and patrol of waterways to purchase boats. In addition, there are also grants for water rescue vessels that have always been available.